About the Turntable
ONE DEGREE OF FREEDOM TURNTABLE
Please write for details
ONEDOF™ is a revolutionary belt driven turntable designed by NASA-award winning aerospace engineer Aleks Bakman.
Pristine, unspoiled sound revolution after revolution.
The turntable features:
- The first in turntable history self-centering in all directions non-resonant platter bearing.
- The innovative bearing removes platter spindle instability, eliminating a never before addressed cause of acoustic distortion.
- Noiseless, noise canceling drive.
- Damped and automatically centered record clamping ring for the highest in the industry allowable volume of music reproduction without distortions.
- Tonearm tower with continuous, smooth yet solid on-the-fly Vertical Tracking Angle adjustment over three inches.
- 60 lb aluminum platter with internal liquid damping. The turntable weights 110 lb.
- 24 carat gold plating.
- Microscopic whirling in the conventional platter bearing leads to macroscopic wobbling of the platter. This design problem of all bearings is solved. It is eliminated by the innovative design of self-centering in all directions Onedof™ platter bearing.
- The suspension and the bearing are maintenance free.
- There is no friction, no wear, virtually no heat generated, no thickening or pollution of the oil.
- This bearing will last many generations.
Suspension and Damping
Another first in the history of turntables is a resonance free suspension.
- Suspension is an integral part of the Onedof™ bearing.
- The viscous uncompressible oil, locked in the sealed volume, suspends the 60 lb of rotating mass.
- There is no solid load path from the platter to the stand.
- The suspension blocks the distortions coming from the environment.
- The suspension cancels the vibration of the platter/spindle assembly.
- The suspension does not generate its own distortions.
- The viscous oil provides ideal damping in all directions.
- Large sealed chambers inside the platter are filled with a mix of viscous oil and solid particles to damp out the resonances of the platter.
- Around the perimeter of the platter the precious vinyl record is pressed down by a massive damped and automatically centered clamping ring.
The Tonearm Tower
- The tonearm tower, featuring continuous and smooth on-the-fly VTA adjustment over 3 in., works with any tonearm and cartridge combination. Tonearm has massive support, to prevent resonances. The Onedof ™ turntable can work with four tonearms simultaneously.